Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Individual
Collectives are the innate adversaries of the individual?

What are your political views?
(07-07-2017, 03:49 PM)Ontical Wrote: Eh? Individuality is not possible without other people, it is paradoxical, that we appear to be deliberative subjects, but are in no way only an island, hence why individuus means undivided, inseparable.

To me individuality is essential of being a microcosm that relates a macrocosm - macrocosm being the inter/extrapolation sphere of microcosms.

An interpretation that might change the ways we deal with our self- & collective concepts

(07-07-2017, 04:05 PM)Burk Wrote: Collectives are the innate adversaries of the individual?

What are your political views?

Last i was applauding Marx, Lenin, Mao and Ho Chi Min - but that was 50 years ago  Wink
So what is an individual? What are the particulars?
Words are greater than we.
(07-09-2017, 07:32 PM)Ontical Wrote: So what is an individual? What are the particulars?

a unity of particular characteristics*

* "psycho-somatic constellation"

(would be great if my words were greater)
I define an individual as a thing that can make promises that can be fulfilled, or broken.
(07-06-2017, 09:08 AM)Ontical Wrote:
(07-06-2017, 08:28 AM)Intellectus Wrote: Just because you don't "see" something that doesn't make it not true, it just means it isn't truth yet. Mankind in its current state in which man lives is forever kept in his/her "cage" and never can see anything past his/her existence. I aim to go beyond Religion, Philosophy, and look to Science to further my understanding (with Respect in Compromise). As I often say: Time, not Man will be the judge of me.

What is beyond our existence?
I wrote a poem that I would like to share .. IT will explain what is beyond the The World of Man.

Beyond Matter

The truth of existence lies beneath waves of a sense of living in a possible world filled with matter.

Effortless miles of obscure thoughts race to break free from the prison from which they are created so hastily.

Flesh tries to defy slow destruction and decay as it begs with Mother to not complete the perfect circle so soon.

Time coincides with space to give birth to massive singularities leading to the vastness of 
parallel realities governed by others.

These are but figments of a sane or insane conscience bent on expanding the status quo beyond the matter, created by nothingness.[Image: 36983_397882757363_5479302_n.jpg?oh=b10d...e=5A1AFDF5]Time and Space
To question what we are is the answer to what it is to Be Human.
(07-09-2017, 07:32 PM)Ontical Wrote: So what is an individual? What are the particulars?

a self-centred constellation of ......(fill in your particulars)

What is self? The coordinate/or of particulars
Maybe ‘what is’ is really a question of becoming.
(02-16-2018, 08:12 AM)Ontical Wrote: Maybe ‘what is’ is really a question of becoming.

......realizing
(07-06-2017, 09:08 AM)Ontical Wrote:
(07-06-2017, 08:28 AM)Intellectus Wrote: Just because you don't "see" something that doesn't make it not true, it just means it isn't truth yet. Mankind in its current state in which man lives is forever kept in his/her "cage" and never can see anything past his/her existence. I aim to go beyond Religion, Philosophy, and look to Science to further my understanding (with Respect in Compromise). As I often say: Time, not Man will be the judge of me.

What is beyond our existence?

That's a great question. It would first depend on one's instrument of choice. We have multiple ways to find our way and feel whats just beyond the horizon. But if we are using our minds; our imagination will create this visual in a way that is privy to an individual. What do I see?

For starters I see the ruins of a forgotten World. A massive cataclysmic event has occurred, as it always does. Our modern buildings will leave more clues than the stone ones were built before us. Our descendants will have just a little more to go on this time around to figure it out. Hell, we have 5 billion years until the sun dies out.
To question what we are is the answer to what it is to Be Human.